The first models from the G-series had modified bodies to ensure that the bumpers would meet American regulations. This led to harmonica rubbers between the bumpers and the bodywork. The shape of the front cover was also adapted. These first models from the G-series did however retain the F-models’ narrow bodywork. We didn’t want to change this because this is part of the car’s charm. Yet we did choose to upgrade the engine and brakes. We overhauled the 2.7-liter engine and built it up according to RS specifications (RS Mahle piston set and S camshafts). We also replaced the injection with PMO Carburetors and upgraded the relatively simple brakes (normally fine for an ordinary 2.7s) to 4 piston Boxster claws.
The car comes from the United States, from the State of Florida. This is not the driest state, but the car’s condition was actually rather good: no rust, just only a really bad paintjob. The paint was dull and partly coming off and the rear fenders had been extended. We reversed that, sanded the car down to bare metal and resprayed it in the original color “Green Ice” or “Silbergruen” (266-9-3). We completely renewed the interior. It was beige already, but decomposed. The interior now consists of beige leather with inserts from green-checked fabric. All components of the suspension were powder coated and we replaced the bushings etc.